Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Blueberry Cupcakes

My goal this week has been to empty out my freezer. When I needed to make cupcakes for something I decided to make blueberry, only so I could finish off my frozen blueberries. I couldn't find any blueberry cupcake recipes that I either liked or had all of the ingredients too on hand. I decided to go with one of my favorite vanilla cake recipe and add blueberries. They turned out SO good and now I just want to make them again. They are a perfect summer cupcake.


INGREDIENTS

2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
4 tsp vanilla
1 cup oil
1 cup milk w/ 1 Tbls white vinager
1/4 warm water
2 cup frozen blueberries

Makes a little over 2 dozen


Use with Cream Cheese Frosting

DIRECTIONS

Take the bluerries and rinse them thoroughly in cold water until water stops turning Purple. When you are done rinsing them, let them dry while you mix the rest of the cake.

Next mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then slowly add dry mix to wet mix. 

I then added the mix to my cupcake holders in the baking pan. I mixed in about 6-8 blueberries per cupcake after the batter was in the cupcake tin. This made it so the cupcake didn't turn purple and it remained its white color. If you want to mix in the blueberries before you add them to the cupcake tin, make sure to softly fold them in. 

Bake at 350ยบ for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.

I used a simple cream cheese frosting, adding a little extra butter to fluff it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment