1 cup quinoa
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 red pepper
2 Chicken Breasts
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
This serves 3-4 people
1. Begin by cooking the quinoa. The rule is 2:1. Cook 2 cups liquid with 1 cup quinoa. Make sure to thoroughly rinse the quinoa, about 2 minutes, then cook it how you would normally cook rice. I like using 1 cup chicken broth and 1 cup water, but you can use all broth or all water and it turns out nicely either way.
2. I flavor my chicken with a little olive oil, cayenne pepper, chili powder, garlic salt and black pepper. However you choose will work fine.
3. Cut the chicken and red pepper into bite size pieces, and chop the jalapeño and onion. Cook all of these items in a separate pan with a little olive oil.
4. When the quinoa is finished cooking, drain the corn and beans, and add the rest to the pot of quinoa. It will still be warm so it will heat up the corn and beans for you.
5. Then add your cooked chicken, red pepper, jalapeño, and onion to the mixture.
6. After you have added portions to a bowl for serving, sprinkle on a little chedder or feta cheese. Top with sliced avocado, and squeeze a little lime across the top.
7. Eat and enjoy!