Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Blueberry Oatmeal Quinoa Breakfast

This is a great healthy start to your day, and its extremely filling. I've been trying to eat a lot healthier lately, and it feels like I am constantly hungry. I know it's supposed to be better to eat 6 small meals a day, but I often don't have time to do it or the energy to cook that much. This has been my healthy solution to a feeling breakfast.


INGREDIENTS

1/3 cup uncooked Oats (I use steal cut oats)
1/4 cup uncooked Quinoa
1-2 T Chia Seeds
Large Handful of Blueberries
2-3 T Low Fat Greek Yogurt
Milk

If you need to make it a little sweeter add honey or brown sugar, but the blueberries and Greek yogurt sweeten it up enough for me.

I often cook a big pot of quinoa at the beginning of the week to add to my food during the week. If not, I start by cooking the quinoa for a few minutes first, then add in the oats. Once they are cooked thoroughly I add my chosen amount of each ingredient. I sprinkle chia seeds on top, and then add one big scoop of Greek yogurt with my regular spoon. I don't add much milk, just enough to make it creamy. Sometimes I even cook the quinoa and oats with milk instead of water.

This breakfast can obviously be made lots of ways. I get bored eating the same thing everyday so I try to make simple twists on everyday foods. This is a mix I really enjoyed.


No comments:

Post a Comment