This is one of our, not so healthy, comfort foods. Delightful!
Monday, March 28, 2011
Chocolate Fudge Jr Mint Centered Cupcakes
1 box Pillsbury Devils Food Cake Mix
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
1/2 Cup water
1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 Cup sour cream
1 Cup chocolate chips
3 - 4 oz boxes Jr Mints
Homemade Whipping Cream for Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, add the cake mix, eggs, oil, water, pudding mix, sour cream and chocolate chips. Mix on medium for 2 minutes or until well combined and somewhat thick. Scoop into 24 paper lined muffin cups. Press 3 JR mints into the center of each cupcake center. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until toothpick comes mostly clean from center. Let cool completely and frost with Homemade Whipping Cream and a Junior Mint.
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup apple sauce
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice or pumpkin pie spice
3+ cups grated carrots
1/2 cup butter softened
8 ounces cream cheese
4 cups confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- To make cake...In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar, and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and spice. Stir in carrots. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- To make frosting... In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.
I made this for Jelissa's Birthday. It was quite delightful. We took pictures of it BUT I left my camera at my Mom's House. I will post it when I grab it. You really should make it. Consider it health with all those carrots in it. You can eat the whole cake.