Sunday, September 1, 2013

Multigrain Waffles

I am a salty breakfast food person. I pretty much stick to healthy cereals, and if I am eating a big breakfast I eat eggs and toast. Waffles, Pancakes, and French Toast are too sugary in the morning and I like them more as a dessert. If I do make waffles, this is my go too recipe. It's a healthier waffle recipe, and one of the lighter feeling multigrain waffle recipes I've found. I feel much better about eating it than regular waffle recipes, and it's still really delicious.


INGREDIENTS
(Healthier Option)

2 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 cups skim milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup canola oil (applesauce)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup all-purpose flour (whole wheat)
4 tsp baking powder
1 TBL sugar (splenda+1 tsp brown sugar)
1/4 teaspoon salt

Calories: 238 (193 w/substitutes)

DIRECTIONS
In large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, applesauce, oil, vanilla. Beat in whole wheat pastry flour, flaxseed meal, wheat germ, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until smooth.

Cook in waffle iron, eat and enjoy!

Add Strawberry's and Banana's to the top to make extra delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment