Monday, January 17, 2011

Whole Wheat Waffles

This is a great mild whole wheat waffle, where you can make a healthier choice, but don't have to completely change the taste. I have another recipe I usually use that is a multi-grain waffle. This recipe is great if you don't usually like wheat as much. I love wheat so I enjoy a nice hardy waffle, but I use this recipe when I'm making waffles for other people.



Ingredients:
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 whole wheat flour
2 tablespoon wheat bran
1tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups 1% milk
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons wildflower or orange blossom honey (or regular)

Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. Add wet to dry slowly stirring. Don't over mix.

Use with Strawberry and Honey Sauce

Thanks Williams-Sonoma


1 comment: