Thursday, February 14, 2013

Red Velvet Valentines Cake

Happy Valentines Day!

In honor of Valentines Day I made my boyfriend a Valentines cake. I used a bundt cake recipe that I was trying out for the first time. I decided to do a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.


The cake turned out perfect! I'm not the best at frosting a cake so if you are like me you might want to add milk to the frosting to allow you to poor it on.


Ingredients

2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla 
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk (1 cup milk and 1 T vinegar)
Red Food Coloring (Use more than you think)

Bake at 325 degrees for 40-50 minutes depending on thickness of pan used. Mix wet and dry ingredients separately and then combine together, and poor into bundt pan or whatever pan you choose. Spray pan well with cooking spray.  


I had extra batter leftover so I used it in these cute little heart baking dishes. Since I used a bundt cake recipe I wanted these to turn out fluffier than the main cake so I added a pinch of baking powder and half a cup of hot water. They turned out so delicious! They were moist and fluffy, but still had a density to them some how. I may have like how they turned out better than the real cake! They were so so good!


Use with a Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe, and pinch of red food coloring for the pink color. 




No comments:

Post a Comment