Thursday, November 18, 2010

Salsa or Pico de Gallo

So in my little family we LOVE to eat homemade salsa. So much that we go every Friday in the summer to the farmers market to get the ingredients. We are always so sad when October 31st comes and we have to buy the ingredients at the regular grocery store. We still make it though every week. My kids love it everyday. They eat omelets with fresh salsa every morning and chips and salsa for an after school snack.

I don't really have a recipe... we make up as we go. Steve actually makes up a better batch than me but his is always a bit hotter.

INGREDIENTS:
Onion (red and yellow)
Tomatoes (we like roma best & sometimes throw in another brand for the juice)
Peppers (jalapeno, habanero, anaheim & chili) whatever looks exciting
cilantro
garlic salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
fresh limes (sometimes if I don't have limes I cheat and use bottled lime juice)

Dice everything up and stir together - Try it a couple of times with tortilla chips before serving.

It turns out a little different every time. We just keep adding ingredients until it looks and tastes great.

No comments:

Post a Comment